Aikido in Staines & Egham
Egham Band Hall
Egham Band Hall is just outside Egham railway station. It's very close but it's not well signposted — see the (easy!) directions below.
If you're driving, there's a car park right outside the hall. It's free to park after 6pm.
Trains to Egham from London on Tuesday come from Waterloo via Clapham Junction. Egham is on the Waterloo-Reading line.
Your first class is free. After that, you pay per lesson.
Note that the class starts at 8pm promptly — please come a little earlier to say hello and help put the mats out.
We often go to the pub after class (the Crown, which is nearby) if you're not in a rush to get home after training.
From Egham station:
Come out of the station on the north side, which has the ticket office on it. If you've just come from London you need to cross the tracks using either the footbridges or the level crossing.
- The hall is about 2 minutes' walk from the station
- Orientation: get to the road and face the traffic lights you can see in the distance.
- Take the second left (which is close to the station):
- it's opposite the station's access road (School Lane)
- and has a dentist on the corner
- there's no road name sign (but it leads to the car park which you can see from the road)
- (the first left is Rusham Road, which runs alongside the railway)
- Once you've turned into the little road, you'll see a car park dead ahead of you.
- The Band Hall is on the right-hand side of the car park.
Oour dojo really is that close to the station. If you go past the little conveniece store, tanning studio or tattoo parlour, turn back because you've already gone too far!
Note for history buffs:
In the past, we've also trained at other Egham venues. We used to train at Egham Leisure Centre, and before that in the Social Hall in Englefield Green. We moved into the Band Hall in 2015.